Our mission is empowering employment. We are striving to organize all the world’s human capital data and make it meaningful for society.
It is the core of our business and the guiding principle of our people, making CareerBuilder a truly unique place to work. A place where you can say that at the end of the day, you make a difference.
Each day we help job seekers and companies connect, giving people a chance to find their calling and many employers a chance to find and hire top talent to help grow their business.
Over the past 20+ years, CareerBuilder has helped millions of people find jobs and has equipped hundreds of thousands of employers with the talent they need. It’s what we do and we do it better than anyone else.
Officially, we’re a global, end-to-end human capital solutions company. But, that just means that we combine the best in advertising, software and services to help companies find, hire and manage great talent. As an industry leader, we work with companies big and small, providing cutting-edge solutions for everything from recruiting to employment screening and human capital management.
Backed by our majority owner Apollo Global Management (NYSE: APO), CareerBuilder is inventing technology to solve the biggest problems companies face when it comes to acquiring and keeping top talent.
You can find CareerBuilder and our subsidiaries in the U.S., Canada, Europe and Asia.
Small business owners are doing it all. We have solutions that save time and money when you’re trying to get your business started.
We help regional and mid-market companies find efficiency and scale in hiring and managing talent across several locations & geographies.
Scalable HCM software solutions help with recruiting and sourcing, as well as onboarding, benefits administration, wellness & more.
Why choose our products and services over another vendor? Hear from our customers what makes us uniquely different in delivering the right products and the best service to you and your team.
We’ve partnered with Capella Learning Solutions to help bridge our country’s talent gap through Rightskill, a service that provides job seekers with unique learning experiences that prepare them for in-demand careers. We simultaneously partner with employers who are looking for verified, job-ready candidates for tough-to-fill positions, giving them an unprecedented guarantee on high-skilled candidates.
- Apollo Global Management (NYSE: APO), a leading global alternative investment manager with a portfolio featuring some of the biggest B2B and B2C brands in the world, becomes the majority owner of CareerBuilder. The investment gives CareerBuilder access to more resources to fast track its product development and deepen its market penetration.
- CareerBuilder will unveil a new platform that is solving the biggest problems in acquiring talent at its annual Empower conference in September. Major enhancements to other products will also be announced.
- CareerBuilder and Capella launch first-of-its-kind program to re-skill and up-skill workers for higher-paying jobs in less than three months.
- CareerBuilder expands into background screening with the acquisition of Aurico.
- CareerBuilder becomes the title sponsor of the former Bob Hope Classic and renames the popular PGA tournament the CareerBuilder Challenge.
- Exciting new features from CareerBuilder tell job seekers who is looking at their resumes and why, and who they're up against for the job.
- CareerBuilder makes a transformative move and expands into post-hire software with the acquisition of WORKTERRA, a leading innovator in cloud-based benefits administration and talent management. CareerBuilder now stands as the only human capital management company in the world covering the entire candidate lifecycle and employee lifecycle.
- CareerBuilder continues its evolution into a global HR SaaS company, becoming the only company to combine advertising, data and software into one pre-hire platform to make the recruitment process easier from acquire to hire.
- CareerBuilder has a presence in more than 60 markets worldwide and growing.
- Following spin-offs of publishing businesses at Gannett and Tribune, CareerBuilder is now owned by TEGNA, Tribune Media and The McClatchy Company.
- CareerBuilder acquires Textkernel to bring multi-lingual semantic search and matching technologies to recruiters.
- CareerBuilder launches a global rebrand and introduces Talentstream Technologies to incorporate all software offerings under one umbrella.
- CareerBuilder acquires Broadbean, a leader in job distribution, candidate sourcing and big data analytics software. In addition to posting jobs on 6,000+ job boards and social networks, Broadbean uses one interface to seamlessly search across all resume databases and track all sources for candidates and hires for a more intuitive, data-driven approach to talent acquisition.
- CareerBuilder's Talent Network grows to 45 million members and is offered in 29 languages.
- CareerBuilder's Talent Network becomes integrated with its data solutions and Luceo's ATS to form a comprehensive, one-stop recruiting experience.
- CareerBuilder is at the forefront of helping employers easily capture mobile job candidates with new mobile apply features.
- CareerBuilder's CEO Matt Ferguson teams up with professors from top U.S. business schools to co-author The Talent Equation: Big Data Lessons for Navigating the Skills Gap and Building a Competitive Workforce.
- CareerBuilder acquires international job site Oil and Gas Job Search as well as VON (KiemViec.com & HR Vietnam) in Vietnam.
- CareerBuilder debuts its industry-leading Supply & Demand Portal and Compensation Portal, enabling companies to make more strategic recruitment decisions.
- CareerBuilder acquires EMSI, a firm that specializes in employment data and labor market analysis. Together, they bring an unmatched repository of historical and real-time labor information to help businesses around the world plan more effectively.
- CareerBuilder acquires Ceviu in Brazil, JobsCentral in Singapore and JobScout24 in Germany.
- 214 million people in the U.S. now use the Internet on a monthly basis. On average, 74 million people use the Internet to search for jobs; 8% of these job searches are on a mobile phone. Mobile searches are expected to outpace desktop searches by 2014.
- CareerBuilder introduces exciting new consultative services and begins its evolution beyond a job board.
- CareerBuilder launches Talent Network (renamed Talentstream Engage in 2015), an "always on" recruiting engine that helps employers build an exclusive pipeline of candidates through multiple engagement points.
- CareerBuilder acquires software solutions company Profilsoft, renaming it Luceo in 2011 with an enhanced workflow offering.
- CareerBuilder begins to turn the candidate and employer information it has collected over the past 15 years into powerful tools that help build company brands and create smart, data-driven recruitment programs.
- CareerBuilder acquires Lesjeudis.com in France and enters a joint venture in China.
- After leading the industry in job postings and traffic for more than two years, CareerBuilder passes its largest competitor in U.S. revenue, commanding the leadership position in all major categories of U.S. online recruitment.
- CareerBuilder begins its global expansion, launching sites in the U.K., Canada and India. Soon to follow are acquisitions of Kariera.gr in Greece and Jobbguiden.se in Sweden.
- CareerBuilder becomes a pioneer in context-specific resume matching technology that provides faster access to more relevant candidates.
- 144 million people in the U.S. use the Internet on a monthly basis. On average, 33 million people use the Internet to search for jobs.
- CareerBuilder revolutionizes job search by being the first to build in-house technology for a new job recommendation engine, increasing the number of quality applications businesses receive.
- CareerBuilder teams up with Gannett, Tribune and Knight Ridder and acquires HeadHunter.net, creating the most powerful career network on the Web. In 2006, McClatchy acquires ownership of CareerBuilder after purchasing Knight Ridder, further expanding CareerBuilder's local footprint.
- CareerBuilder establishes its partnership model, which today has grown to a network of 1,000 websites worldwide.
- CareerBuilder launches its Resume Database, making it even easier for the right job seekers and employers to find each other.
- Netstart, a software company giving companies the power to list job openings on their websites, is born. Three years later, Netstart is officially renamed CareerBuilder.
- 16 million people from the U.S. use the Internet on a monthly basis. The number of people using the Internet to search for jobs is next to nothing.
Recognized by Glassdoor, Chicago Tribune, and ComputerWorld as one of the Best Places to Work, CareerBuilder is always looking for people to join our team. Visit our career site to learn about our benefits and reasons why our employees love the company.View Open Positions
CareerBuilder Reveals Advanced Updates to Talent Acquisition Suite Read release
CareerBuilder Introduces New Tagline "We're Building For You" Underscoring its Commitment to Employers and Job Seekers Read release
CareerBuilder Launches SocialReferral in US to Enhance and Modernize Recruitment Process Read release