Over the last two decades, CareerBuilder has changed the rules for recruitment and job search to empower companies and workers around the world. Check out below to see how we did it.
AN INDUSTRY PIONEER IS BORN
- Netstart, a software company giving companies the power to list job openings on their websites, is born. Three years later, Netstart is officially renamed CareerBuilder.
- 16 million people from the U.S. use the Internet on a monthly basis. The number of people using the Internet to search for jobs is next to nothing.
ACCELERATES GROWTH THROUGH PARTNERSHIPS
- CareerBuilder establishes its partnership model, which today has grown to a network of 1,000 websites worldwide.
- CareerBuilder launches its Resume Database, making it even easier for the right job seekers and employers to find each other.
JOINS FORCES WITH MEDIA GIANTS
- CareerBuilder teams up with Gannett, Tribune and Knight Ridder and acquires HeadHunter.net, creating the most powerful career network on the Web. In 2006, McClatchy acquires ownership of CareerBuilder after purchasing Knight Ridder, further expanding CareerBuilder’s local footprint.
LAUNCHES POWERFUL MATCHING TECHNOLOGY AS ONLINE JOB SEARCH GOES MAINSTREAM
- 144 million people in the U.S. use the Internet on a monthly basis. On average, 33 million people use the Internet to search for jobs.
- CareerBuilder revolutionizes job search by being the first to build in-house technology for a new job recommendation engine, increasing the number of quality applications businesses receive.
DOMINATES U.S. AND EXPANDS GLOBALLY
- After leading the industry in job postings and traffic for more than two years, CareerBuilder passes its largest competitor in U.S. revenue, commanding the leadership position in all major categories of U.S. online recruitment.
- CareerBuilder begins its global expansion, launching sites in the U.K., Canada and India. Soon to follow are acquisitions of Kariera.gr in Greece and Jobbguiden.se in Sweden.
- CareerBuilder becomes a pioneer in context-specific resume matching technology that provides faster access to more relevant candidates.
DIVERSIFIES SOLUTIONS BEYOND A JOB BOARD
- CareerBuilder introduces exciting new consultative services and begins its evolution beyond a job board.
- CareerBuilder launches Talent Network (renamed Talentstream Engage in 2015), an “always on” recruiting engine that helps employers build an exclusive pipeline of candidates through multiple engagement points.
- CareerBuilder acquires software solutions company Profilsoft, renaming it Luceo in 2011 with an enhanced workflow offering.
- CareerBuilder begins to turn the candidate and employer information it has collected over the past 15 years into powerful tools that help build company brands and create smart, data-driven recruitment programs.
- CareerBuilder acquires Lesjeudis.com in France and enters a joint venture in China.
UNLEASHES THE POWER OF REAL-TIME LABOR INSIGHTS
- CareerBuilder debuts its industry-leading Supply & Demand Portal and Compensation Portal, enabling companies to make more strategic recruitment decisions.
- CareerBuilder acquires EMSI, a firm that specializes in employment data and labor market analysis. Together, they bring an unmatched repository of historical and real-time labor information to help businesses around the world plan more effectively.
- CareerBuilder acquires Ceviu in Brazil, JobsCentral in Singapore and JobScout24 in Germany.
- 214 million people in the U.S. now use the Internet on a monthly basis. On average, 74 million people use the Internet to search for jobs; 8% of these job searches are on a mobile phone. Mobile searches are expected to outpace desktop searches by 2014.
CREATES ONE-STOP RECRUITING AND TAKES JOB SEARCH MOBILE
- CareerBuilder’s Talent Network becomes integrated with its data solutions and Luceo’s ATS to form a comprehensive, one-stop recruiting experience.
- CareerBuilder is at the forefront of helping employers easily capture mobile job candidates with new mobile apply features.
- CareerBuilder’s CEO Matt Ferguson teams up with professors from top U.S. business schools to co-author The Talent Equation: Big Data Lessons for Navigating the Skills Gap and Building a Competitive Workforce.
- CareerBuilder acquires international job site Oil and Gas Job Search as well as VON (KiemViec.com & HR Vietnam) in Vietnam.
CHANGES THE GAME FOR RECRUITMENT
- CareerBuilder acquires Broadbean, a leader in job distribution, candidate sourcing and big data analytics software. In addition to posting jobs on 6,000+ job boards and social networks, Broadbean uses one interface to seamlessly search across all resume databases and track all sources for candidates and hires for a more intuitive, data-driven approach to talent acquisition.
- CareerBuilder’s Talent Network grows to 45 million members and is offered in 29 languages.
BEGINS A RECRUITMENT SOFTWARE REVOLUTION
- CareerBuilder continues its evolution into a global HR SaaS company, becoming the only company to combine advertising, data and software into one pre-hire platform to make the recruitment process easier from acquire to hire.
- CareerBuilder has a presence in more than 60 markets worldwide and growing.
- Following spin-offs of publishing businesses at Gannett and Tribune, CareerBuilder is now owned by TEGNA, Tribune Media and The McClatchy Company.
- CareerBuilder acquires Textkernel to bring multi-lingual semantic search and matching technologies to recruiters.
- CareerBuilder launches a global rebrand and introduces Talentstream Technologies to incorporate all software offerings under one umbrella.
MOVES INTO POST-HIRE SOLUTIONS AND BECOMES AN END-TO-END HUMAN CAPITAL MANAGEMENT COMPANY
- CareerBuilder and Capella launch first-of-its-kind program to re-skill and up-skill workers for higher-paying jobs in less than three months.
- CareerBuilder expands into background screening with the acquisition of Aurico.
- CareerBuilder becomes the title sponsor of the former Bob Hope Classic and renames the popular PGA tournament the CareerBuilder Challenge.
- Exciting new features from CareerBuilder tell job seekers who is looking at their resumes and why, and who they’re up against for the job.
- CareerBuilder makes a transformative move and expands into post-hire software with the acquisition of WORKTERRA, a leading innovator in cloud-based benefits administration and talent management. CareerBuilder now stands as the only human capital management company in the world covering the entire candidate lifecycle and employee lifecycle.
INTRODUCES NEW OWNER, NEW PRODUCTS AND NEW POSSIBILITIES